When you see the OLA seal, you can trust you’re working with a company committed to the highest standards of conduct, dedicated to ensuring the best possible experience for their customers, fully compliant with federal law, and working hard to protect consumers from fraud. When you click on the OLA seal on an OLA member’s website, it will direct you to this video. If it does not, the site may be fraudulent.
OLA Consumer Hotline
Have an issue with a fraudulent lender? Call the OLA Consumer Hotline at 1-866-299-7585 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and speak with a live operator who can assist you in reporting fraud and navigating the online lending landscape.
Know Before You Owe
OLA and our member companies believe all consumers should be informed about the risks involved with online borrowing. Part of OLA’s mission is to educate consumers about the online lending industry and its practices. We also provide resources, including education and assistance, where appropriate.
- Never borrow more than you can afford.
- Avoid taking out loans with multiple lenders.
- Get the most bang for your buck.
- Always remember the website you got your loan from.
- Keep any paperwork, emails, contacts and other information you receive from a lending company.
- Do not submit personal information, such as your Social Security number, to companies that are not OLA members.
- Get credit counseling help.
- Know who to contact if you think you’re being harassed by illegitimate debt collectors.